- 1 medium sweet potato – 2-3 cups when grated
- 2 organic eggs
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract/paste
- ½ cup raw cacao powder, sifted (or cocoa if find cacao to rich)
- 1 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2½ tablespoon coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 185 °C (365 °F), make sure the oven is hot before you put in the brownies in.
- Combine grated sweet potato, eggs, vanilla, honey and coconut oil oil in a large mixing bowl and stir together until well incorporated. Then add cacao powder, baking powder and baking soda and stir. Finally add coconut flour. Avoid adding too much coconut flour as it will absorb too much moisture which will result in drier brownies.
- Once combined, pour the mixture into a baking tray lined with greased baking paper. I used a 9″/23cm square tin.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes. Remove the tin and cool for 5-10 minutes before carefully removing the brownie cake form the tin. Cut them into squares and dust with a little cacao powder or melt some dark chocolate in a bowl over boiling water and drizzle it over the top. Serve with raspberries or strawberries and maybe some fresh cream or coconut yoghurt to be extra decadent.
x x x