This delicious slaw is super filling, delicious, great on the budget and easy to make in bulk so it lasts for several meals.
Cooking once eating twice is a life saver when it comes to feeding a big family and avoiding constantly being in the kitchen!!!!
Making a big batch of this slaw means you have veggies for breakfast, snacks, lunches and dinners sorted for at least a couple of days.
I usually do a few bulk salads a week, so there are always healthy options on offer with minimal work/mess!
It makes an excellent base that is easy to dress up with different dressings or garnishes such as nuts and seeds, raisins, oranges or grated apple
INDREDIENTS | METHOD
- 1 medium red cabbage cut into 8th’s and fed through the food processor or sliced thinly with knife
- 4 large carrots fed through grating blade in food processor or grated
- 1 bunch of coriander chopped
- 1 bunch parsley chopped
- Mix all indigents together in large bowel
- Store in air tight container in the fridge
GARNISHES | DRESSINGS
- Activated and roasted almonds/walnuts (fry activated nuts in coconut oil)
- Activated sprouted sunflower seeds
- Grated apple (only add this to the dish your eating as it goes brown when stored in the fridge)
- Chopped orange pieces
- Chopped watermelon pieces
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Lemon juice/olive oil/salt and pepper
- Lemon juice from 1 lemon/1 teaspoon mustard/quarter a cup of olive oil/1 teapoon salt and pepper to taste
This slaw keeps well in the fridge for 3-4 days and is delicious served on its own or with meats/eggs/nuts/seeds.
My 9, 7 and 5 year olds love helping make this slaw and are more than happy to help themselves to a bowl full from the fridge whenever they’re hungry.
x x x