This dairy, sugar and grain free lasagne is delicious and a brilliant way to get loads of veggies into yourself and your family.
Why go dairy, sugar and grain free? Well these three food groups are the most inflammatory foods commonly consumed, that cause significant damage to our bodies. Eliminating them reduces inflammation which is at the root of all illness. You’ll feel the benefits of this way of eating after only a few days.
- The meat layer is mince with 2 grated carrots (any way to up those veggies!). Fry up mince till brown in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and add carrots to mixture. Use this as your base, pressing into a lined baking dish.
- Slice Zucchini thinly and place over base. Zucchini is a wonderful pasta replacement.
- Cook 500 grams tomatoes with 3-5 cloves crushed garlic, 2 grated carrots and two chopped onions. Simmer until garlic and onion is translucent. Pour over zucchini base.
- The green layer is silver beet (or spinach also works well), lay these leaves thickly over the tomato layer.
- The ‘cheese’ sauce | 1cup soaked cashews blended with handful of silver beet or half a cup of cooked pumpkin (depending on the colour you prefer)
- Cook in the cover at 150 degrees Celsius for 20-30 mins or until top is golden
- Allow to cook. Best eaten the next day after a night in the fridge, however is still delicious on the day.
HEALTH COACH | BSc (PSYCH) | NUTRITIONIST
x x x
Nourish Health and Nutrition