POACHED CHICKEN STOCK
- 1 Whole Organic Chicken
- 6 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 onion quartered
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- Cover chicken with water
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon cracked pepper
- A few sprigs of thyme, rosemary, or other herbs (remove after cooking)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
Place Chicken in large pot, add all ingredients. Bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer for about and hour and 20 mins.
Remove chicken, allow to cool and shred the meat. Place meat back with the soup. Save the bones to make broth.
Try to eat soup once a day or in a cup with meals to aide digestion.
In time you will be able to crush a raw garlic bulb into the cup of stock to boost detoxification, kill bad bacteria, improve immunity and energy levels.
- 1-2 T bone steaks with fat on (or lamb shanks, chuck steak or stewing steak, fat in is important as fat heals the gut and nourishes the brain.)
- 4 carrots peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 a celery chopped
- 2 onions peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
Place in slow cooker in the morning on high, allow to cook all day and turn off and have for dinner or allow to cool and store in the fridge for another meal.
Cook for a maximum of 6 hours (3 hours of that time will be heating up and around 3 hours will be cooking time)
Save half of this stock to have in a cup with other meals and eat the remainder as a delicious gut healing beef soup.
X X X