2 cups almonds, soaked
1 cup cacao powder
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1-2 tsp unhulled tahini
2 tbsp filtered water
1 tbsp Spirulina powder/green powder
10 drops peppermint oil
2 cups raw cashews
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 cups cashew nuts
1/2 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup cacao powder
1/2 cup filtered water
100g (4 oz.) cacao butter
1/4 tsp tamari
1. Blend all the ingredients in a food processor until combined.
2. Press into a slice tin (10″ x 14″ jelly roll pan).
3. Freeze for 10-15 minutes until set.
Mint choc layer:
1. Blend all the ingredients in a blender or Vita-mix until smooth.
1. Melt cacao butter in a small saucepan over gentle heat (don’t allow to smoke)
3. Combine all ingredients in a Vita-mix and blend until smooth.
1. Spread mint choc layer evenly over base mixture.
2. Once spread evenly over base, allow to set in the freezer.
3. Once the mint layer has set ( firm when touch) spread the chocolate icing layer over (sprinkle with cacao nibs if desired) and return to freezer until the chocolate icing is firm to the touch.
4. Slice and serve
Nutritional info: The above ingredients are packed with nutrients and antioxidants. They satisfy the sweet tooth without causing a large spike in your blood sugar levels (due to all the good fats and protein component).
x x x