Granola is a lovely treat breakfast in our house.
I make a batch once a week and the kids love it. Its also a great snack for after school activities or long car trips!
Nourish Paleo Granola
- 1 cup of cashews
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1 cup of almond
- 1 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- Soak all nuts and seeds (except chia, do this separately) in a bowl of water overnight with 1 teaspoon of salt to neutralise the phytic acid and activate.
- Drain and pat dry (Chia drain as best you can and add wet to other nuts and seeds)
- Place on sheets in dehydrator at 40 degrees for 12 hours or place in roasting pan with 2 table spoons of coconut oil and bake at 40 degrees for approx 2 hours or until nuts and seeds are crunchy (every oven is different!)
- Once nuts and seeds are dry you can serve them as is or mix in 1 tablespoon of honey and serve.
Serve with any of these options
- almond milk
- blended berries
- raw organic yogurt
- coconut yogurt
- banana and berry blend (1/2 a banana and 1 handful of berries blended)
- dried fruit
The great thing about this dish is that it can easily be nut free or add or exclude any nut/seed that suits your tastes. I usually double the recipe!
If your little one finds the nuts and seeds too bulky give them a quick pulse in the blender to break them down to a more agreeable size!
This sounds recipes sounds labour intensive but its not once you have done it a few times and the taste is certainly worth it!!!
x x x